Google+ Cosplayers of the Week: Cosplay Interview #11

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Cosplay Interview #11

Kristina
of
Cutie Pie Creations

Home: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 20

Links to Cutie Pie
Deviantart
Facebook

This year's Cons:
Vancouver Retro Gaming Expo (April 18)
Northwest Fan Fest (May 29-31)
Anime Evolution (July 17-19)
Anime Revolution (Aug 14-16)



CosWeek: How long have you Cosplayed for?
Cutie: About 8 years. I started getting more serious about Cosplay and making my own displays about 3 years ago.

CosWeek: Who got you started in Cosplay?
Cutie: My high school friends brought me to my 1st convention back in 2008. Before then I was always into Sailor moon and studio Gibili. But I never knew that people actually dressed up it seemed like so much fun. Ever since I went to the 1st convention I was hooked!

CosWeek: What is your favorite source material?
Cutie:  I really like League of Legends! I really enjoy artists who make their own outfits of well know characters like the artist No Flutter. My favorite artist of all time has got to be Sakizou.

CosWeek: Were you a sewer before or because of Cosplay?
Cutie: I learned how to sew from my grandmother when I was young. But I mostly just enjoyed pressing the foot petal and sewing super fast. Now I sew for Cosplay and sometimes for regular fashion.

CosWeek: What keeps you going in Cosplay, what drives you to do it?
Cutie: I get motivated to work on cosplay when looking at other's cosplay creations. Sometimes the cosplay is so unique and so well done I wish that I could make something as great!

CosWeek: What do you do when you're not cosplaying?
Cutie: When i'm not cosplaying I'm working as a Pastry Chef!

CosWeek: Do your co-workers know? What do they think about what you do?
Cutie: The people that I work with know that I cosplay. When i tell them they are very surprised, and very interested in seeing pictures of my costumes. Alot of the time my coworkers don't know what cosplay is and are very shocked to see how different I look in and out of costume. It's nice that they all support my crazy hobby!





No comments: