Google+ Cosplayers of the Week: Cosplay Interview #1

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Cosplay Interview #1

Mimi
spectrum coplay

Bust:   87 cm
Waist: 63 cm
Hips:  91 cm     
Weight: 50 kg
Height: 160 cm
Blood Type: ?

Home: Vancouver, Canada

Deviantart
Facebook
Tumblr




CW: What was your first Cosplay event?
Mimi: A good friend of mine introduced me to anime in my Grade 10 year in high school. Shortly after that, I attended my first convention (Anime Evolution 2007). Unfortunately, the only anime I was familiar with at the time was Cardcaptor Sakura, but it was still a fun event for me.

CW: How many outfits have you made?
Mimi: So far, I've completed 10 1/2 outfits. The ones I'm most proud of include Babydoll (Sucker Punch), Rapunzel (Tangled), Prince Gumball (Adventure Time; worn by my boyfriend), a Lolita version of the White Rabbit (Alice in Wonderland), and Ariel (The Little Mermaid; I only made the top half of this).

CW: Have you every won anything for the costumes you've made?
Mimi: My Babydoll costume has won two prizes; Cos & Effect 2011 Novice Solo and Anime Evolution 2012 Intermediate Solo. Rapunzel won a prize at Cos & Effect 2012 for Best Hair.

CW: What cosplays are you working on currently?
Mimi: At the moment, I’m working on re-making my Rapunzel cosplay. Emmaliene and I are also planning to cosplay two different versions of Tinkerbell together.

CW: What is your next planned convention/event?
Mimi: I will most likely be attending Tsukino-Con in February, which I won tickets for in a costume contest.

CW: Currently what is your favourite character?
Mimi: I actually have several answers to this question, depending on the context in which it's asked. I've identified most as Hermione Granger since I was 7 years old. However, my favourite character to cosplay at the moment is Harry Potter (the "A Very Potter Musical" version, because Darren Criss is just that awesome). But my favourite character in general, out of everything ever made, would have to be either Mulan or Fred Weasley.

CW: Who does the majority of your Cosplay Photography?
Mimi: I know quite a few people in my area who take great photos, but most of my photos have been taken by my friends Brennan Arsenault and Alexandra Waitford Sadler.

CW: When you're at a con, are you usually in a group of Cosplayers or solo?
Mimi: Most of my cosplays are solo, but I sometimes organize group or couple’s cosplays. However, whether I’m cosplaying a solo character or not, I always surround myself with friends at a convention.

CW: What is your group, and who's in it?
Mimi: My friend Emmaliene and I have recently created the group “Spectrum Cosplay”. We’re currently thinking that we want to only include ourselves in the group, and sometimes cosplay with other people. One of our goals for this group is to make good quality CMV’s (Cosplay Music Videos), which doesn't happen very often with cosplayers.

Cosplay Modelling

1 comment:

Emmaliene said...

ey gurl you hawt